Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Found It.............

Spring is here! Well, not officially. That won't happen until next week. But it sure feels like it.

We got slammed last Thursday with about 5 inches of snow. Thankfully, it was powdery so it only took me about 1/2 an hour to clean off the car on Friday. While I was out there, the young people who were parked in front of me - who had cleared off their SUV the night before - drove off. I pulled into that spot and then was able to push the plowed snow over towards the curb, opening up the spot I'd been in. I didn't move it again until Saturday.

Sunday, we turned the clocks ahead an hour. When I went to change the one in the living room, I found that the battery had died. Kind of ironic, don't you think?

Monday, I was out and about - running some errands that had piled up. I'm still looking for a new, microwavable bowl for soup and now I needed a battery for the living room clock. No luck but there was a definite warming trend happening.

Tuesday, I did a friend a favor - which took a bit longer then I expected - but I got a free breakfast out of it. A little warmer again.

Today was for me. Another warm day, though the sun was only able to break through a couple of times. I stopped at Shoprite first. I picked up some cat food and then checked out the batteries. I remembered to bring the dead one from the clock and - although the numbers didn't match - I was able to compare the size and picked one out.

I stopped at KMart and checked out the cookware. I was hoping for something lighter but wound up buying a microwavable, Pyrex bowl that was on sale for half-price.

I drove out of the lot feeling good. As I turned right, I noticed this guy.




I couldn't tell if he was on his phone or not. It didn't matter. I passed him by.

I took the next right onto New Brunswick and then a left onto Inman. I was just listening to the radio and enjoying the day. That's when I saw this guy.




He looked like he was doing what I was doing. I drove by.

I made the left on Grove. There's a strip mall with a Stop-N-Shop on the right and a senior citizen's development on the left so the road has several sets of rumble strips to slow cars down. This woman was crossing there.




I stopped. She waved at me. I waved back, smiling. When she got on the sidewalk, I drove on. Feeling even better.

I stopped at the library in Metuchen but didn't find anything. I headed back home along Rout 27.

I was coming up on the right turn on Parsonage when I noticed this person coming in my direction.




I didn't know where he was coming from or where he was going but he was out there walking. I took the right and then the next left.

I stopped at Subway's for a tuna on Italian bread with lettuce, tomatoes, onion, sweet peppers, and mayonnaise. I drove home.

I went out to get a microwavable bowl and I found it.

I went out to get a battery and I found it.

I went out to enjoy the warmth of the coming Spring and I found it.

No comments:

Post a Comment