Thursday, November 13, 2014

No Real Plan For The Day ..............

Yesterday was overcast and foggy, but warmer. Today, we have a cold front starting but it's sunny. I went out early.

I had a few things to do but no real plan for the day.

I stopped at Shoprite and picked up the paper and my lottery tickets. I drove into Avenel to pay my cable bill. I parked on Lord Street and walked over. They weren't open yet but they have a drop-box out front for payments. As I walked up, I noticed this guy down along the side of the building.




I was ready as I walked back.

Point, press, Flash.

I got to my car and drove to the Post Office to mail my electric bill. (I know, I could pay this - and other bills - online but, frankly, I'm leery about doing that. I'm all in favor of modernization but - in some cases - I prefer to stick with what I know.)

I drove back towards St. George's Avenue and Dunkin' Donuts, for breakfast. On the way down Avenel Street, I came up behind this UPS truck.





Here's another annoyance that I come across while driving. These guys stop wherever they want. In this case, he was blocking the through lane. I waited till I could pass then ..

Point, press, Flash.

I realized later that by taking out his engine he'd be blocking traffic for a while but it was satisfying when I did it.

I enjoyed my breakfast and took the rest of my coffee with me. Today being a Thursday, the Thrift Store I like up in South Plainfield had their weekly card-holders-only sale. I'm going to a Brunch Cruise out of Perth Amboy on Sunday to celebrate a family member's birthday and, since it's supposed to be cold, I thought I'd look for a heavy sweater.

I took Chain-of-Hills Road and came up behind this person.




I didn't have a clear view and there was a merge with New Dover Road just ahead. I drove on by.

On a whim, I made a left on Grove and stopped at the North Edison Library. I picked up a mystery that has Mark Twain as the hero. I gotta admit that I'm a sucker for fiction that uses historical people as central characters. I headed back down Grove to Oak Tree when I came across this guy.




I knew he was surveying something and I also knew that he had a partner that he could see but I couldn't. I drove on, made the right on Oak Tree, and stopped at the Thrift Store. I picked up a nice, heavy, green sweater for $6. Feeling good, I decided to swing by the library in Metuchen.

I know the way there but not the street names. Along the way I came across this guy.




These landscape guys are a pet peeve of mine and here was one using a ride-on leaf blower in the street. I looked around but saw no one else.

Point, press, Flash.

I skipped the Metuchen library and just headed home.

I took 27 to Middlesex Turnpike and got back on Chain-of-Hills. Around one of the curves I came up behind this guy.





An isolated stretch of road and another annoyance.

Point, press, Flash.

I continued on, towards home.

Sometimes, the best plan is to have ....

no real plan for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment