Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Add Another One to the List................

I've had to slow down recently, and may have to make other changes going forward. I'll explain about these later. I have staged a few Events since August 26th so let me bring things up to date.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday, August 28th. It was early morning, as usual, and I was driving along Main Street in Woodbridge heading towards Wegman's. As I passed the Route 9 overpass, I noticed this guy walking up ahead.



I slowed, looking around. No one. The windows were already down. I caught up to him as he reached the overgrowth surrounding the stream.

Point, press, Flash.

He toppled over the low railing as I moved by.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thursday, August 30th. I drove around the back streets in Avenel. Two blocks in from Avenel Street, I came up behind this guy.






I followed him down the street and watched as he crossed in font of me. He never turned around. I waited until he reached the shrubbery.

Point, press, Flash.

I continued down the street, made a few turns, and stopped at Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday, August 31st. I had driven up to Rahway with the intention of stopping at the library. I was way too early, but I had picked up the paper and was going to read it while I waited. Then I saw this guy.




I turned right and followed him. When he got beside the trees, I closed in.

Point, press, Flash.

I skipped the library and headed back to Woodbridge.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday, September 5th. I was driving around in the Edison/Metuchen area when I passed this guy.



It looked like he was spying on someone. I admit, curiosity got the better of me and I made a series of rights hoping he'd still be there. He was. I rolled up behind him slowly. He didn't move.

Point, press, Flash.

He fell behind the tree as I continued on my way.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That was a week ago. As I said, I've slowed down and will probably be making some changes. You see, over the Labor Day Weekend I realized that I was experiencing pain in my left wrist (I'm left-handed). I bought a small bandage-like thing to wrap around it, hoping that would help. It didn't. I made an appointment with my primary physician.

I saw her Saturday morning. After some manipulation of the joint, she determined that the carpal tunnel was involved. She recommended a splint (which I got) and some over-the-counter meds for the inflammation (which my cardiologist said not to take). We're waiting until Friday to see if there's any improvement before changing the treatment.

Monday, I went to my dermatologist. I had a small growth on my forehead and, since I'm susceptible to certain cancers due to the immuno-suppressants I take, I wanted his opinion. He did the same thing he did the last time - cut it out and sent it for tests. He told me what it was and that it's probably benign but he cut it out anyway. I'm gonna have to cut him out.

Tuesday, I had my regularly scheduled blood work. I prefer going down to the cardiologist's office for these because I get the results back the same day. I got them around 5:30. Since I'm coming up on 4 years without a problem, they decided to lower my prograf dose slightly which is OK by me. The lower the dose the lower the risk of damaging other organs.

Then there was the bad news.

My PSA was 8. (I looked this up and it stands for Prostate Specific Antigen). They consider 4 to be normal and she called 8 "slightly elevated". I know that there is some controversy about these numbers but, even so, they said I should see a urologist. Now, due to my reduced immune system, I have to consider the possibility of prostate cancer.

I got a name and made an appointment for this coming Monday.

I was hoping to reduce the number of doctors I go to.

Now I have to add another one to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment