Thursday, September 27, 2012

Where There's a Will...........

it rained this morning but I went out anyway. The day may be starting a bit dreary but I wasn't. My wrist was feeling better, though I was still wearing the splint. My blood work from Tuesday turned out to be on target so there was no need to alter any dosages. Best of all, I have no doctor's appointments for about a week and a half. I was feeling good, so I headed up towards the main library.

I don't have a printer at home (which I may have mentioned before) so I went to the library to print out my monthly checking account statement. I know I don't really need to do this since I can balance my account online, but I'm old-school that way (or anal retentive, whichever). I also picked up a couple of books from the sales table. I was headed up to the Pathmark in Avenel when my phone went off.

I pulled over to answer it, but it was only a prerecorded message from my pharmacy letting me know that a couple of prescriptions of mine were ready. As I sat there in my car I saw this guy walking up the block towards me.





I had the time.

I took off the splint and lowered the passenger side window. There was no one else around. He kept coming. I didn't think he even noticed me.

Point, press, Flash.

I put the splint back on, started the car, and continued on towards Pathmark.

The rain was letting up, but the parking lot seemed unusually empty. I drove around a bit first. I was buzzing from what just happened and I think, subconsciously, I was looking to stage another Event. It didn't take long.

this guy was out in the lot, emptying the garbage barrels.




I drove around behind him and stopped. I took off the splint again.This time, I lowered the driver's side window. I started up and came up so he'd be on my side, and slowed. He was wearing headphones so he never heard me coming.

Point, press, Flash.

I drove to the other side of the lot and parked. I put the splint back on and went into Pathmark. I had some stuff I needed to get.

On the way home I thought about what had happened. I'd told Doyle the other day that I wasn't sure I could do this. Looks like I was wrong.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment