Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Trial Run, Take Two.....

I've spent 4 more days "AT" the hospital, alternating buses to and from, and varying where I stake myself out. These 4 days straddled the 3-day Memorial Day Weekend so I may need a few more days to complete my observations. What I have learned so far, however, is interesting.

I spent these days in and around the Annex and its near-by garage. I'd start the day in the cafeteria, then move to the lobby, or sit outside for a while - they have some benches set up out there. Or I'd take some time and wander through the garage, familiarizing myself with as much as possible of the 6 story structure with roof-top parking. Here's a few things I've learned:

1. No matter where I was sitting - the lobby, the cafeteria, or even the 5th floor which is where my cardiologist's office is - no one paid attention to me. It seems that the hospital staff only notices someone if they are looking for someone specifically, or they're hunting for an empty seat at a table they can eat at.

2. The concept of "security" doesn't seem to apply to the Annex or the garage. I know there are security guards in the hospital - I saw enough of them when I was there - but I've yet to see any in the Annex or garage.

3. The garage appears to be used by day trippers, and long-term parking. Dr. Forrest's car was easy enough to find, and it's always in  the same parking space on the second floor.

4. There is only one way from the Annex to the garage. Out the front door, across the street, and in, where the stairs going up are immediately to the left and the elevator is just a few feet further on.

There are a few more things to figure out. Where are the cameras in the garage, and how to get around them being the most important. But I now know it's just a matter of time.

I know where and how, I just need to figure out when.

No comments:

Post a Comment