Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Serendipity, Who'd Have Thought....

Last Friday, my cardiologists office called. My next biopsy has been scheduled for July 14th at 8:30 AM, and they'd like for me to make a change to my meds. The level of the anti-rejection drug I take has been slightly high since my last biopsy in March and they wanted me to lower it. Starting that day, my dosage went from 2 mgs. twice a day, to 1 and 1/2 mgs. They also wanted some new blood tests, so they were going to mail me the scrip and I was to let them know when I went.

I held off going to stake out the hospital until I got the scrip, which came in yesterday. I went down this morning. As usual, I drove to Woodbridge Center and took the bus. The out-patient testing facility is in the Annex, on the 3rd floor. I signed in, showed my paperwork, and in under an hour, I was done. Since my cardiologists office is on the 6th floor, I decided to go up and let them know I'd had the blood drawn rather then call.

The upper floors of the Annex are laid out in the same manner. The elevator banks are on the extreme left-hand side, facing each other. There is a short hallway, with sets of doctor's offices branching off on either side. The hallway ends in a small waiting area, with 2 rest rooms, Men's and Ladies.

I got off on the 6th floor, and turned down the hall towards the cardiologists. Guess who came out of the door at that same time . . .

Dr. Grace  Forrest.

She didn't acknowledge me in any way as I continued toward her. She turned to her left, and the rest rooms. I followed. There was no one else in the hall. I assumed there had been a camera in the elevator. I looked around but saw no cameras in the hall.

I took out the Flasher as she opened the door to the Ladies room. She entered. Point, press, flash, and the door closed slowly as she sank to the floor. I entered the cardiologists office, and left word at the receptionists that I'd just had the blood work done. Back out to the elevators, down to the 1st floor, and out of the building.

I caught the next bus back to Woodbridge. While I was on it, my cell phone went off. A text message from James....

                                            ONE.

All that time trying to find a way to set up the Event in the garage, and I just walk right in to it.

Serendipity.

No comments:

Post a Comment