Friday, February 19, 2010

High Noon is 12 O'Clock High....

Yesterday, I was on the hunt. I know that the People Upstairs gave me until the end of the month, but I realized that that would just be dragging it out. Since yesterday, the 18th, would be the end of the 6 month original trial period I decided to go out and try to finish this whole Events thing off.

My intent was to go to the WalMart on Rt.e 27 in Edison, and wait in the parking lot until a likely target should up. I didn't get that far. Following one of my usual routines, I went to the Target on Parsonage Road, where I would just do some browsing. Then I went to the Barnes and Noble across the street which was attached to the Menlo Park Mall. I was browsing through Barnes and Noble when I decided to go into the mall and see what I could get for breakfast in the Food Court.

As went in the direction of the doorway to the mall I noticed that there were a few people sitting around in the Starbuck's area, by the store windows, reading, drinking, and whatever. I had an idea. I strolled back to the magazine racks, and noticed an older gentleman sitting on a bench beside the main entrance. He was in the sunlight, a magazine in his lap, and appeared to be dozing.

I turned, and went out the doorway by the mall, walking around inside for a few minutes. I'd completely forgotten about breakfast. Leaving the mall, I walk up the side of Barnes and Nobles and turned towards the main entrance. The sun was reflecting off the windows, making looking inside difficult.

I stopped short of the main entrance, taking the Flasher from my back pocket, and carrying it in my coat. I haven't tried doing this through a window since my second Event back in September or October of last year. It worked then, so there was no reason that it wouldn't work now. Moving up closer to the window, I could just make out the older gentleman, still sitting as I'd left him. I stopped where I was, turning to face the parking lot, and looked around. I waited for a car or two to pass, and a couple of people to enter the store, but it was pretty early on a weekday, so the traffic wasn't too heavy.

There was no one else around. I pulled the Flasher from my pocket as I was turning, then point, press, Flash, and I turned back to the lot. Heading for my car, I replace the Flasher in my back pocket. Getting in my car, I had no idea if the Event had taken place, but I knew that I was now hungry, so I left and went looking for a Dunkin Donuts. My cell phone went off with my text beep, but I ignored it. I found out later that they'd confirmed my 12th Event.

12 Events in 6 months. I'd met my obligation. It was now up to the People Upstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment