Monday, November 2, 2009

6 of One............

This weekend would've been the perfect autumn weekend, except it was too overcast. Sunshine would've made it the kind you see in movies. We had 2 World Series games, local NFL football action, and Halloween. Who could ask for more, other then to be outside, walking around and enjoying the colors. Anyway,...

Saturday, I went to the Main Library. I have this form that I use to keep track of my Vitals. (I got it at the hospital when I was released, and I write down my weight, temperature, and blood pressure every morning. I used to also list my blood sugar, but I don't have to anymore since the steroids wore off.) I was down to my last two, so it was time to make some copies. Hence, the library.

Things were working out well, the machine worked, and the library had put out the Books For Sale table that had been missing since the construction started on the new light fixtures. The only thing still missing is that they don't have Internet connections, because the work involves their electrical works. I made about 20 copies, browsed and bought 3 paperbacks (usually 50 cents apiece, and hardcovers run from $1 to $3 bucks). I was feeling pretty good as I headed out to my car. (I used to walk up, but I've gotten lazy. I've got the extra weight to prove it.)

Next to the library is the local High School, and their playing fields are behind both facilities, where the parking lots are. In between is the Borough Health Building. This was Saturday, so there was a team in the field, and at a quick glance it appeared to be girls. Probably soccer or field hockey. There were no cars near the Health building, so I guess it was closed.

I got in my car, and accidentally hit the rear view mirror with the books I'd brought. While adjusting it, I noticed that there was a man standing behind the Health building, and watching the practice while drinking coffee. I watched a while, and there were definitely others watching, but they were all along the sidelines of the field, much closer then this guy. Why would anyone watch a group of girls in short uniforms running around a field, especially from a location that would not be easy to see from the field? I didn't like it.

I looked around. As I said, it looked like the Health building was closed, and since it was Saturday, the library was only marginally busy so the lot wasn't too crowded. There was no one walking by, and no cars moving that I could see. I lowered the windows, and took out the Flasher. In order to leave the lot, you have to drive around in a circular pattern that would pass by the Health building. I followed it around, slowed when I got to where I wanted to be, and without a second look, pointed, pressed, flashed, and drove on. I saw the man drop in my rear view mirror. No one yelled, no one stopped me, and I saw no one moving around. I left the lot, and headed for ShopRight to do some shopping. I know these are supposed to be random, but I felt good about this one. Maybe I can use this to take out potential menaces. then again, maybe not.

My phone went off as I waited on line to pay for the food I'd bought. Confirmed number 6, as long as number 5 stays uncontested. Half way. I wonder what happens after that?

No comments:

Post a Comment