Friday, June 20, 2014

A Good Mood ............................

I woke up this morning in a good mood. Early in the week it was hot and I slept fitfully but last night it cooled off. I slept well. Like I said, I woke up in a good mood.

I should've known it wouldn't last.

I had a few places to go to but no real plan for the day. The sun was out but there was a nice breeze and I figured to just drive around with the windows open and the radio on. I'd take the long way around in between stops. I drove up Rahway to Freeman and headed towards Shoprite. That's when this idiot cut across in front of me.



I was only doing about 25, but he came damn close to the front of my car. Of course, if I'd hit him it would've been my fault not his. I had the Flasher ready, but there were people out at the minivan up ahead and I didn't have the opportunity. I passed by.

My good mood was starting to slip.

After Shoprite, I stopped at Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast. I sat inside enjoying a Chocolate Chip muffin and a medium Iced Tea, reading my book. I decided to head down Chain-of-Hills Road to New Dover.

As I got close to Wood Avenue, an Edison Township dump truck turned out of a side street right in front of me. The speed limit along here is posted as 25 but this guy was only doing about 10. I was stuck behind him for about 15 minutes while my mood rapidly soured. Finally, he turned into a strip mall parking lot and I followed him in. I held back until he'd parked.




I circled around until he was on my passenger side.

Point, press, Flash.

My mood improved, slightly.

I drove out of the lot and headed towards South Plainfield.

I stopped at the Thrift Store. After looking through the shirts and jeans, I decided to check out the side room where they kept the furniture, electronics, books, etc. I don't normally look through the books but something special caught my eye - "The Sea-Hawk" by Rafael Sabatini. This is a real find. I've looked for this book - on and off - for years. I also wound up picking up two other books - both being additions to different series' that I read years ago. I paid $1.50 a piece but, to me, the Sabatini is priceless.

Definitely feeling better.

Now all I wanted was to head home and start reading. I took the same route back. That's when I saw this guy rooting around in the back of his car.





Sometimes it's just that easy.

Point, press, Flash.

Smiling now.

I kept to my route, still heading home. I came to a corner where I usually make a left turn but I was singing along to the song on the radio and decided to keep going forward.

I made the left turn several blocks later and drove through a development I was unfamiliar with. I figured to go a few blocks then take another left and, hopefully, come out on the street I intended to be on earlier. That's when I saw this guy coming towards me.




A bike rider. Just like this morning. Only this time I could do something.

Point, press, Flash.

I made the left and did find the street I was looking for. I headed for home.

There had been some disruptions but, all in all, I was feeling great. I was back in ...

a good mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment