Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Random Thoughts...

Doyle says I'm on track. The whole 12 Events in 6 Months thing. So far I've done 4 in 2 months, so I guess he's right. He's also right that I'm gonna have to rethink how I've been doing things. This last weekend was lousy, weather wise, and even though I was out, no one else was. At least, no one else was out mowing, or walking, or soaking up the sun alone in their yard. Winter's coming on, and good weather is going to be at a premium, so I'm gonna have to pick up the pace or change my ways. Thank God I now have the car. It makes getting around so much easier, and widens my target area.

Anyway, this weekend was a washout, no pun intended. I had the time to catch up on my reading, and do some soul searching. You know, why am I here, why am I doing this? Stuff like that. It didn't take long, because basically I don't waste my time on that kinda thinking. Maybe it's because of the transplant - I understand they cut the nerves when they took out the old heart so I'm not supposed to feel anything in there - or maybe it's upbringing, nature versus nurture stuff. I don't know, and I don't much care to ponder on it. I'm of the Popeye school of philosophy - "I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam". That pretty much says it. Take me as I am, warts, Events, and all. I do what I do to make sure no one does it to me or mine. No questions, no regrets.

A couple of things I did think about ......

I was out driving on Thursday along Routes 1 and 9 and I saw a pickup truck with a sign that said "One room painted free with every job" and I thought "What if you only wanted one room painted?"

I was coming up from Monmouth County on Route 35 on Monday when I saw a billboard. It was an accident scene with a smashed up car, emergency vehicles, flashing lights and the caption "We Can Help". Then I saw that the advertisers was a law firm and I wondered who it was they would be helping. The person who caused the accident, maybe the uninsured driver? It was like the latest version of ambulance chasing. Also, it's placed at a point in the road where it passed below another road, then turns sharply right. Just the place to distract someone and cause an accident. Trolling for clients?

Anyway, just some random thoughts. Got a doctor's appointment this afternoon. Time to start preparing for whatever I'll need to do on my 1 year anniversary.

1 comment: