Thursday, April 18, 2019

Things Are Looking Up ………..

March didn't end any better then it began. My Primary Physician didn't like my Glucose Level so she asked me to come back and she'd draw a sample herself.

Friday the 29th I showed up early for my 12 Noon appointment only to have her tell me that I was supposed to fast which no one told me. I agreed to come back the following week at a  much earlier time. I was annoyed but I needed to pick up some stuff and pulled in to the local Stop N' Shop. I bought their pre-cooked Shepard's Pie. It's a bit expensive but it's Family-sized so I can get 4 meals out of it. On the way out, I noticed this guy heading towards me.




I got to the exit just as he turned the corner. I was still annoyed but the angle was off and there was another car coming from my left. I drove by.

April, so far, has had more overcast/rainy days then sunny ones but at least it's been warmer.

Tuesday April 2nd I went back to my Primary at 8:45 AM for the Blood Work. It took her 3 tries but she finally got a sample she was happy with. Annoyed again, I drove home.

Wednesday the 3rd I drove up to RWJ Rahway for a PET Scan. I took St. George to Stone and turned left. That's when I noticed what was happening.




The trees were blooming which meant that Pollen would be swirling around soon. I'm gonna have to add allergy meds to my daily regimen. The Scan was faster then I remembered and I was done about an hour earlier then I'd thought.

Monday the 8th I had an appointment with my Oncologist at 9:45 AM. Turned out he didn't have the Scan results yet but he examined me and said that the area they were focused on looked really good. Tuesday the 9th at about 5:00 PM he called me. He had the results and there was no sign of the Carcinoma. I slept well that night.

Thursday the 11th was WaWa's Anniversary and their coffee was free.




I got a large, Decaf, French Vanilla. It was good but it got cold quickly. I prefer Dunkin's.

Monday the 15th I got a call from my Pharmacist. Their records showed that I had a scrip ready for renewal. I told them to go ahead with it. I'd gotten a little lax with these so I appreciated their attention to my account.

Tuesday the 16th was one of the few sunny, warm days we've had lately. I drove up to Walmart to pick up my scrip. On the way home I was stopped at a red light when I noticed this guy.




He looked like he was just out enjoying himself on a nice Urban Stroll. He made me smile.

That night at around 5:20 I got a call from my Primary. The Blood Test results were back. Turns out I might need to take Thyroid meds but my PSA Level is down dramatically. This was another night I slept well.

I still have a few other appointments with a couple of different doctors this month. I'm not sure what I'll have to deal with then but I've never had 2 Doctors call me personally to give me good news.

Things are looking up.


No comments:

Post a Comment