Monday, January 23, 2017

Before The Storm ..........

It's been a long couple of weeks.

I'm still exercising my hip and leg, and they're getting better. A couple of my doctor's have asked me to get some scans because they have some "concerns" about some recent test results so I have to schedule those. Also, I've got my yearly Cardio Tests scheduled for the 31st so I have those to deal with, too.

I mentioned before that circumstances have changed but I did get to spend some time with my Granddaughter. She's so enthusiastic about things and her vocabulary has really increased - although, sometimes -  I do have a problem understanding what she's talking about. I did promise her that I'd get her a simple jigsaw puzzle for our next visit.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just after New Year's Day, when school started again, I added another type of person to my "I Don't Like You" list - Crossing Guards. They wave that sign around for no apparent reason and they disregard the law.



It didn't make a difference to this guy that there's a street light right there - if someone wanted to cross he stopped traffic. Unfortunately, I couldn't do anything about it.

I stopped at Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast. (I recently got this free travel mug from them that holds an extra-large coffee and, until the end of March, it's cheaper then a medium. I can't drink it all but I'm saving money.) I drove up into Avenel to pick up the paper. That's when I saw this guy.




I was still kinda annoyed but it was cold out and he was walking.

I drove home.

A week later, I went out and had a problem starting my car. I did the whole cranking the key/pumping the gas thing and she finally kicked in. I drove up Rahway to Freeman and headed towards Auto Zone. I saw this guy up ahead.




I was too concerned about the car to do anything.

I spent about an hour at Auto Zone and got a new battery.

I was out and about for the next several days.

Last week, I went out to run some errands and the car wouldn't start again. This time I wound up calling AAA. They sent a guy out to check the battery but that wasn't a problem since it was new. I wound up getting towed to my mechanic's. He called me later in the afternoon to say that they checked everything and couldn't find anything wrong.

I picked up the car the next morning and she started right up. At least he didn't charge me.


I headed towards Walmart. I was still leery about the car but I wanted to see if I could find a puzzle for my Granddaughter. Along the way, I saw this guy.




I've been dealing with a lot.

Point, press, Flash.

I found a really great puzzle at Walmart and I can't wait to see my Granddaughter's reaction.

Yesterday, I left my house around 9. My Pharmacy had called the day before and told me that they had two scrips ready for pick up. Of course, the car wouldn't start again.  I tried several times over the next couple of hours but nothing happened and, since my mechanic is closed on Sundays, there was nothing I could do. I had a friend pick me up so I could get my meds.

I went out this morning just before 9. I was expecting to have to call AAA again for a tow but the car started right up. I let her run for a while then drove to the mechanic's. He said that they'd checked everything last week and I should give it another few days. I wasn't happy about that but what could I do?

Since there's a Nor'Easter coming in I drove up to Shoprite to pick up some things. I parked near this guy. I've mentioned before that I don't like it when a bus/truck driver takes up too much space but this guy pushed it too far.




Four spaces? Really? New York plates?

Point, press, Flash.

Enjoy your stay in the Garden State.

I felt a lot better.

I bought a few things and drove home.

I'm ready for the storm.



No comments:

Post a Comment