Thursday, November 17, 2016

A Good Day ..........

This year, I had to renew my Driver's License in person. I only have Thursdays available because of my babysitting schedule so I waited until today, the middle of the month. The closest office to me is in Rahway but that place is always crowded. I decided to drive down to the one in Airport Plaza in Hazlet.

I knew that they opened at 8 so I left my house at 7:15. I took Route 9 South to 35 and then took the left onto 36. Traffic was lighter then I expected and moving quickly. I had to keep checking my speed to keep within the limits.

Just before I got there, I noticed this guy.



I was going to turn off soon so I took the chance.

Point, press, Flash.

I got to the office at 7:50, 10 minutes before they opened. There were 4 people in line already.

In New Jersey, you need 6 Points of Identification in order to get/renew a License. These are a combination of documents that include a Digital License that you already have, a Social Security Card, a Medicare Card, a Birth Certificate, etc. I had everything ready.

When they opened, I was directed to the appropriate line, waited a few minutes, went through the process, picked up my new License and was on my way back up by 8:15.

I stopped at Shoprite and picked up a few things.

I bought my Lotto tickets at a local Krauser's.

I went to Walmart to look for some winter shoes but didn't find anything I liked. I did get some Multi-vitamins though.

I headed home. Along the way, I saw this guy coming towards me.




It happens that way sometimes.

Point, press, Flash.

When I got there, I checked my mail and found a package from Amazon that contained a Christmas present that I'd ordered for a family member. I was a little worried about this because I'd had a problem a few weeks ago with another delivery but this one worked out.

I'd been home for a while when I got a call from Robert Wood Johnson Hospital in New Brunswick. I had a Nuclear Stress Test scheduled for 9 AM on the 25th but she told me that they wouldn't have a doctor available and would like to reschedule. We agreed on December 1st. Now I won't have to get up early on the day after Thanksgiving.

It was a good day.



No comments:

Post a Comment