Monday, October 3, 2016

Last One For Weeks ..............

The last couple of weeks in September were busy ones.

I Babysat 4 out of 5 of the weekdays, and we walked up to the Library or the Park when weather permitted.

I had doctor's appointments on both Thursdays and on one Saturday. No real bad news but one guy wants me to get an x-ray on my throat. The good news is that the MRI  results were in. There's no sign of herniation in the discs and no cancer in the bone. I have an exercise regimen and a follow-up appointment in 3 months.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, October 1st, was the first day of a 4-day weekend for me (my Daughter is off today and tomorrow). I was up early and headed up to get an oil change. I cut through Avenel so that I would come down St. George and saw this guy up ahead.




Sometimes, this is how it happens.

Point, press, Flash.

I stopped at the oil change place and, since the price seemed reasonable, had my wipers replaced also.

It was still early so I drove up St. George and made a left on Inman. I stopped at the Foodtown in Colonia but didn't get anything. On the way out, I noticed this guy trimming the hedges in front of a nearby bank.




There was a light mist out there and I figured that he was miserable enough. I made the left back to St. George and stopped at Shoprite. I bought some fried chicken and a can of chili and drove home.

Sunday, October 2nd, was another dreary day. I was out a little later then usual and picked up the paper and my lottery tickets. I stopped at the Denny's on St. George for breakfast - an omelet, wheat toast, and unsweetened iced tea. Afterward, I cut through a Krauser's parking lot to get to Avenel Street. That's where I saw this guy.




Just another guy having to do a job on a Sunday in crappy weather.

I made the left on Avenel down to Rahway and headed home.

Two blocks away, I saw this guy.




I made the right into the parking lot as he turned the corner.

Point, press, Flash.

I drove around the building, made a left onto Freeman, a right onto Rahway, and headed home.

This morning, the 3rd, I slept in even later but I did have an appointment with my ENT at 10:30 so I was out around 8:15. I stopped at Shoprite and picked up a box of Honey Nut Cheerios on sale (my Granddaughter likes them). I stopped at Dunkin' Donuts and read my book while eating a Blueberry Muffin, toasted, with butter and a Medium Iced Tea, Black. I took the long way to the doctor's office and came up behind this guy.





I've said before that I don't like bike riders on major streets. I particularly don't like guys in spandex and helmets. They think that they own the road. I waited until I was very close.

Point, press, Flash.

I got to Parsonage Road and turned right. This becomes James Street in Edison. I took this to Grove and turned right again. I followed this up and turned right on Inman. Two blocks later, I made a left onto Progress and turned into the first lot on the right.

I waited 20 minutes past my appointment time before he saw me which is actually not too bad for him. Long story short, things are looking good and I don't have to go back for 6 months.

On the way out of the complex I noticed this guy.




The sun had broken through for a bit and I was in a good mood. I got to the corner and turned left on Inman.

I stopped at Subway's and picked up a 12-inch Pastrami on Italian with Swiss, Sweet Peppers, and Mustard.

I went home.

I'm "off" tomorrow and I'm "off" Monday and Wednesday next week. More importantly, I don't have anything medical scheduled for a while.

Today was the last one for weeks.





No comments:

Post a Comment