Thursday, March 31, 2016

Just Passed The Half-way Point ..........

For the first time in more years then I care to admit to, I get to enjoy Spring Break. My Daughter is a teacher and she's off so I don't have to babysit. This started last Thursday and I've been able to stretch out the things I need to get done and still have time for myself.
______________________________________________________________________________

Even though I can, now, I still wake up around the same time every day - some time between 6 and 6:30  - because it's become routine. I take my vitals and then some pills. I've tried to go back to sleep but, as I lie there, I start to think about what to do for the day. I wind up checking my e-mail and several other sites  for about an hour and I'm out of the house between 7:30 and 8.

Last Thursday, I started out by stopping at Shoprite. In the lot I came across this truck.




This is the first time that I've seen a pick-up truck park like this but it's still one of my pet peeves. As I passed it on my way inside ..

Point, press, Flash.

I hope he bought something to eat while he waits for road-side service.

Friday, I had a follow-up with my Oncologist down in New Brunswick. These always annoy me because, although I'm always early, he's always very late so I wind up waiting in the examination room for about 1/2 an hour.

I went down early figuring on getting a spot in the garage across the street and then having breakfast in the cafeteria. I took my usual route and wound up on Route 27. That's where I saw this guy.




It was overcast and it looked like he'd have a long way to go. I figured that he was miserable enough so I passed him by.

My appointment was at 8:45. The tech took me on time, the doc showed up quickly, and I was out of the office by 9:05. And I don't have to go back again. Excellent.

Saturday - for the first time in months - after having breakfast at Dunkin' Donuts, I took my coffee and the paper and spent some relaxing time at the Menlo Park Mall. Afterward, I drove up into South Plainfield to the thrift store I frequent. After I parked, I noticed this guy.




I couldn't tell if he was on the phone or not so I just went into the store. I didn't get anything.

Sunday was Easter and the weather was changeable. The family had planned to get together around 2:30 for dinner so I had a lot of time to kill. Most stores were closed and I spent a lot of time just driving around. Somewhere in Edison, I came up behind this guy.




I was bored.

Point, press, Flash.

We had a nice meal at an Italian buffet in Avenel.

Monday, I had to pick up a prescription at Walmart and, since I was early, took the long way. On Woodbridge Avenue, I came up on this guy.




Another pet peeve of mine.

Point, press, Flash.

I wound up getting there early and had to wait for the Pharmacy to open. I was OK with that.

Tuesday, there was some road work being done on my side street (which was annoying) so I had to drive around the block in order to get on my way. When I got to the corner of Green Street and Rahway, I saw this guy.




He's a regular in the neighborhood and used to live in my building. I've always thought that he had a problem. I drove on by.

Yesterday, I went to do my wash at the place in the Shoprite strip mall. They've lowered the price to $1.99 and they use a "debit card" kinda system so I don't have to have a pocket-full of quarters. When I was done, I drove around the back and saw this guy just sitting there.



Some things you just can't resist.

Point, press, Flash.

This morning, I drove up to the local KMart. I need a new pair of sneakers and I've been pretty lucky with the choices there. I thought that they opened at 8 but it turned out that it wouldn't be until 9. As I sat in the car, this woman walked by.




Some things you can't resist and some things you can.

I didn't wait, just went about my business. Like I said, I'm enjoying my Spring Break and I just passed the half-way point.

No comments:

Post a Comment