Monday, September 7, 2015

More Changes To Come..........

I just started baby-sitting my 5-month old Granddaughter. I'll be there every weekday that my Daughter and Son-in-law are working, from about 7:15 AM to about 3:45 PM. That was Tuesday and Wednesday of last week and each day was different from the other. It's going to be interesting going forward.

What this means for me is that I now have to make some changes in my routine. I now have to plan ahead for my meals on the days I'm baby-sitting and bring my breakfast and lunch with me. I also have to make sure that all my doctor's appointments are on my "free" days and that I get my errands done as well.

Last Thursday, I headed out early. It was still pretty warm out. I stopped at the Post Office on Main Street and mailed my bills. I took Main to Amboy and drove into Metuchen. I had an 8 AM appointment for a chest x-ray. Afterwards, I headed back into Woodbridge and stopped at my bank to make a deposit (they have great hours). When I came out, this car was parked right next to me.




I had taken the second slot and he'd parked in the first - even though the rest of the parking lot was empty. I hate that. I know that it's stupid to feel that way and I should probably change but I won't.

Point, press, Flash.

I drove away feeling calmer. He'll be there until the tow truck shows up.

Friday it was cooler. I decided to get my haircut. I usually wait until it's a little longer but I had the time. Afterwards, I drove up St. George, cut through a development, and stopped at the Wawa's for gas.




The prices just dropped below $2. That's a change I liked.

I knew that the libraries that I usually drop in on will be closed all weekend so I decided to drive into Metuchen. I took a meandering kind of route through Colonia, Iselin, and Edison. As I drew closer to Metuchen, I saw this guy standing out on the sidewalk.




I figured that he was probably waiting for a ride and I was in a good mood. I drove by.

Saturday, I drove up Rahway then took Freeman towards St. George. Along the way I saw this older guy tending to his front lawn.




I've passed by here a lot, and he's always out there mowing, trimming, or tending to his rose bushes. I stopped at Shoprite for the paper, Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast, and spend a relaxing hour or so at the Menlo Park Mall. Some things never change.

Sunday, I went to Mass. I've recently registered in a different parish. It's the one that my Granddaughter was Baptized in and it's actually closer to where I live. The church has changed but I still get a sense of comfort out of going.

I stopped for my usual lottery tickets and got a free"sample" of New Jersey's new Free Play Tickets.




It's a computer-generated attempt to simulate scratch-off tickets. I'm all for change but this I don't like. I prefer the suspense of scratching off each section slowly. I like the anticipation. Where's the fun in seeing it laid out already? Thankfully, we had a larger-then-usual family BBQ that afternoon and that definitely made the day better.

Today, I had to prep for my next two days because I'll be baby-sitting. I know, I could have done some of this over the last 4 days but I tend to wait until the last minute to do anything. I guess that's something else I may have to change.

I stopped at Shoprite. Since I still have some rye bread from last week I bought some liverwurst. I picked up a box of Mini-Muffins that will cover my breakfast. I couldn't find anything for supper so I headed up towards Iselin to stop at some other supermarkets. I was driving through Iselin when I saw this guy.




There was a nice breeze and he seemed happy just plugging away. I drove on by.

 I stopped at the Stop N Shop and picked up some precooked chicken legs. I was set now. I headed home. On my way back through Edison, I saw this guy riding towards me.





I don't like bike riders, especially those coming at me. It's a childhood thing and I'd probably need therapy to change that. I'm not gonna do that.

Point, press, Flash.

I continued on home. I have a few things to do in order to be ready for tomorrow. There's a lot of things coming up and I'm pretty sure there are more changes to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment