Wednesday, July 15, 2015

It's Still Raining .............

At the beginning of the month, I made the last payment towards the same-day surgery I had last year to take care of that recurring carcinoma. I was now doctor bill free for the first time in quite a while. (Yes, I did have some blood work and a visit to my cardiologist last month but that bill hasn't come in yet.) All I had on my schedule were a couple of follow-up visits to other doctors.

The first one didn't go as I'd hoped. It seems that my PSA Level has gone up again, even though I'd been taking a medication to lower it and that my prostate is normal. My only option is another Prostate Biopsy. I had one done back in October of 2012 and It was very uncomfortable. Even though all 12 samples taken then came back negative, this is the only other way to rule out cancer. I scheduled it for August 5th.

Today, I had an appointment with my dermatologist and I just made an appointment with my Primary Physician because I've been having some problems with my throat lately.

It was overcast and threatening rain. I left early and made my usual stop at Shoprite. I didn't get anything but, as I started to leave the lot, I saw this guy.





They're building a T. J. Maxx on the far side of the lot and have caused nothing but problems for shoppers like me. Plus, this isn't really a good location for this type of store. I turned left on my way out.

Point, press, Flash.

I heard a large crash as I made the turn onto St. George's Avenue.

I had my breakfast at Dunkin' Donuts, as usual.

My dermatologist is in Edison, on Route 27. I took Chain-of-Hills to Thornhill and turned onto Parsonage. It was raining lightly now. Up ahead I saw this woman just walking along.




There was no one else around.

Point, press, Flash.

I continued along Parsonage and turned into the business area where my dermatologist's office is. I was 15 minutes early.

Usually, I get seen on time or earlier. Today, I had to wait in that little room for 20 minutes. I hate that. Especially since, when he finally came in, he took a quick look, said everything looked good, and told me to come back in 2 months. Less then 5 minutes. I made the appointment but I'm already thinking of cancelling it.

Next up, my Primary Physician. Well, actually, she's on vacation so I'll be seeing the doctor who's covering for her. (They're in the same building.)

I took James Street to Grove and turned right. I took this to Inman and turned right again. It was raining harder now. Coming towards me was this guy riding his bicycle.




 Now, I don't like bike riders, and I think that someone who'd do this in the rain is an idiot.

Point, press, Flash.

I got to the doctor's office early because I expected to fill out some paperwork and I was right. The staff was friendly and professional and the office was laid out nicely. I was called in early, did the usual preliminary stuff with one of the nurses, and saw the doctor just a few minutes after my appointment time. I liked that. I had my throat swabbed and got a prescription for an antibiotic. Now I'm thinking of changing my Primary Physician.

My Pharmacy is located in the Walmart on Route 9. I took Inman to Wood, drove down to Thornhill, and turned right onto Gill, through the cemetery, and up Woodbridge Avenue. I got onto Route 9 and stopped at Walmart. It was going to take 40 minutes to fill the prescription so I went to the nearby McDonald's for lunch.

My prescription was ready on time and I headed home. It was raining heavier now so I was taking it slow. I turned onto Ford Avenue. Up ahead I saw this guy who, obviously, didn't have an umbrella.




Sometimes it just feels necessary.

Point, press, Flash.

I got a good parking spot but had to run for my building.

It's still raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment