Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Feeling Better .................

Last Friday, I started to feel ill while out to lunch. I went right home, of course, and stayed there for the next two days.

Yesterday, I was feeling a little better and I dragged myself out. I had to drive down to New Brunswick for blood work. I had the windows open -down and back - and the fresh air felt good. I beat the rain home and was definitely feeling better.

This morning, I was up early. Even though it was overcast and threatening, I decided to drive up Rahway to the Motor Vehicle office. My car was due for inspection. As soon as I pulled up, they called me over. It took less then 10 minutes and I didn't even have to get out of the car, just move to the passenger side.



I headed back down Rahway towards Avenel. I saw this guy just up ahead.





I drove on by. I was feeling too good.

I drove up through Avenel towards the Dunkin' Donuts on St. George but got stuck behind a school bus picking up some kids at a corner. This time it didn't bother me and I waited patiently. When the bus pulled away I went to proceed but a mini-van that had been sitting at the cross street - at a Stop Sign - shot across the intersection. I had to slam on my brakes to keep from hitting it, but I got a good look at the two people inside. I took a few deep breathes and drove on.

When I got to Dunkin' Donuts I saw the mini-van parked it the lot. I parked on the other side.




I went inside and saw the two people who'd been in the van eating at one of the side tables. I took my order to go and went back to the lot, making sure to keep the van between us. I pointed at the engine.

Point, press, Flash.

I figured they won't be driving through any Stop Signs any time soon.

I was feeling better. Even though it still looked threatening I didn't think it would rain. I opened the windows and drove up into Colonia. I like driving through here. It's a nice residential area. I was on Wood Avenue when I saw this woman up ahead.




She had a purposeful stride to her and I left her to it. I figured that she was feeling good.

I could feel the humidity start to build. I turned down Grove and stopped at the North Edison Library. They don't usually have anything of interest to me but I was passing by. No surprise here.

I got back on Grove, Took a right on Oak Tree, and a left onto Plainfield. Up ahead, I saw this guy on one of those riding mowers.




I don't like these guys. They have no regard for anyone parked nearby and the mowers are loud, give off smoke, and throw grass clippings - and pollen - everywhere. As I passed ...

Point, press, Flash.

I noticed immediately that I couldn't hear the mower anymore. I looked in the side mirror and saw the operator slumped over the wheel. I figured that the pulse took them both out. That made me feel good.

I stayed on Plainfield, made a right onto Rte. 27, a left onto Main, and another left onto Amboy. I stopped at Wegman's and picked up a bag of pre-made salad and some diced ham. I was figuring on making a ham salad for supper.

I headed home, feeling better.

No comments:

Post a Comment