Saturday, September 13, 2014

Rain ..................

It looked like it was gonna rain when I woke up this morning. They predicted it, but for later in the day. I was kinda hoping it would. I've replaced a front head light and the windshield wipers and I'd like to see how they work.

My morning rituals continue to include bandaging my forehead.

I met with my oncologist and plastic surgeons last week, separately of course. The oncologist said they got everything and it looked clean, but that's what he said the last time and it grew back. (If the radiology people suggest it, I think I'll opt for some this time). The plastic surgeon said my forehead looked good and I could wash it now with soap and water then continue to apply the bacitracin ointment. As far as the bandaging was concerned, I didn't need it at home and he'd be OK with my not wearing them out. To me, my forehead is still "a work in progress" so I decided to continue the bandaging when I go out.

I had a scrip to pick up at my pharmacist's in Walmart but they wouldn't open until 9. I decided to kill some time by running some quick errands. I drove up into Avenel and stopped at the Post Office to mail my electric bill. I took some back streets, heading towards the Wawa's on Route 9 and saw this guy up ahead.




It was quiet back here - no one around.

Point, press, Flash.

I stopped at the Wawa's and had the tank filled up. $3.09 a gallon. Not bad. I decided to swing by Shoprite. It hadn't started raining yet but I could feel the dampness in the air. Turned out they had Campbell's Chunky Soups on sale, 4 for $5. I picked up some New England Clam Chowder, a Sausage and Chicken Gumbo, and some Jambalaya. (The Gumbo and Jambalaya are new and - I'm hoping - as tasty as the pictures on the cans look.)

I drove up to Walmart, picked up my scrip, and stopped at the near-by Dunkin' Donuts. I had a decaf coffee (my first of the season) and a blueberry muffin.

It still hadn't rained so I headed for Metuchen. I drove along Amboy Avenue and saw this guy walking his bike along the sidewalk.




I didn't know why he wasn't riding it, but we were the only ones around.

Point, press, Flash.

I took the next right, cut over to Fords Avenue and, after a couple of turns, took Woodbridge Center Drive to Route 27, still heading towards Metuchen.

It was starting to drip now, but not enough to use the lights or wipers.

Route 27 along here is known as Lincoln Highway. I was still in Edison when I came up behind this guy.




I was tempted but it was just too open. I drove on into Metuchen and stopped at the library. I didn't find anything interesting and, since it was only 11, I decided to just drive around for a while.

I made a few left turns and got on to Main Street and actually stopped to take this picture.




Looks like Autumn is coming on fast.

I decided to head for home and drove up through Colonia and Iselin.

It misted for a while so I did get to try my wipers and lights.

As I sit here now writing this, I look out the window and there it is ...

Rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment