Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Day in May...............

Doyle left a message yesterday.

Well, I think it was yesterday. I found a voicemail on the drop phone he gave me months ago. I hadn't heard it come in, so I needed to retrieve it.  Of course, not knowing that this was an option with this  phone, I fumbled around with it until I got to the place where I needed to enter a password. Now, I didn't set this up, but it had to have something that tied Doyle and I together. I typed in G O R D O N.

I found out that Doyle would be back in New Jersey sometime after the first of June.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About a week ago, I went to see my cardiologist for my semi-annual visit. It had been a hot day and, unfortunately, I wasn't feeling all that good. Turned out my blood pressure was low but, after several tries, they got a reading that they were okay with. That was only the first thing. They weren't happy with my LDL cholesterol level either. We agreed to some changes with my meds, and that I'd come back on the following Friday so they could check my blood pressure again.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was out early this morning.

The weather has been changing and there was a lot of fog. I had an appointment for a bone density test at 10, and I wanted to get a few things done first.

 I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I have a friend who leaves me her daily paper (if she's read it) out front, so I headed to Avenel. On the way there, I came up behind this guy.




I lowered my window and looked around. We were the only ones out.

Point, press, Flash.

I drove up the next 2 blocks, turned right, stopped, picked up the paper, and drove on. I still had plenty of time so I decided to head towards ShopRite.

Up ahead was this guy.




I crept up slowly, lowering the passenger side window. I kept looking around. No one else...

Point, press, Flash.

I stopped at the store and bought some frozen dinners that were on sale (checking the labels for saturated fats and cholesterol percentages). I stopped at my place, put the dinners in the freezer, and headed for Metuchen where my test was scheduled.

It was straight down Main Street to Woodbridge Avenue. A right turn onto Amboy Avenue took me towards Metuchen. After I'd passed Route 1, I turned off into the side streets. I took a few turns, then noticed that this guy was heading in my direction. I didn't think twice
 

.

Point, press, Flash.

I kept going. After about 2 blocks, I turned back towards Amboy Avenue. Ten minutes later, I was in the parking lot of the testing facility.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Long story short. I've had the bone density test. I decided to call my cardiologist's office and give them my blood pressure numbers for the last 4 days. They called back about an hour later that the doctor was OK with the numbers and I wouldn't have to go down on Friday. That's good.

It's supposed to get hot over the next few days, maybe as high as 90.

I don't like it when it gets too hot. 90 is too hot for a day in May.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment