Monday, June 11, 2012

Arc 8

Message in a.................................

I went for blood work on June 1st to make sure my cholesterol was back in control. I got the call late in the day that my cholesterol and triglyceride levels were fine, but my tac level had dropped to 4.5. That's the level that measures the amount of anti-rejection drugs in my system and should be somewhere around a 7. They had me raise me dosage slightly and go back on June 8th for a follow up.

I did that. My level dropped to 3.7. Not a good thing. They raised my dosage significantly and I will be going back on Wednesday for more blood work.

Now, I can't help thinking about my last conversation with Doyle. He told me that they are pretty sure that Gordon hasn't been able to renew the prescriptions for his anti-rejection meds. It's probable that his levels have dropped to zero, and he's at risk for rejection.

I'm at 3.7, but I have doctors, nurses, technicians, and a pharmacy backing me up. Gordon is out there alone.

I've never met him, at least as far as I know, although he's made himself known to me in the past. All I know about him is what Doyle and others from the DHS have told me. They tell me that he hasn't been active lately and that they think he's here in New Jersey, building up his strength, and that he'll eventually try to contact me. I can't help hoping that he will. After all, we have a lot in common.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm at loose ends right now. I've got 2 days before the next blood test, and I don't feel like doing anything productive. But I always make sure that I have something that gets me up, dressed, and out - food shopping, the laundry, something. I was out this morning around 8:30.

I ran a few errands - ShopRite, the Post Office, etc - and found myself in Dunkin' Donuts around 9:30. Over breakfast, I decided to drive to Unique in South Plainfield.





(In addition to my "book shopping" in various libraries, I've taken to shopping at several thrift stores in Monmouth and Middlesex Counties. I've picked up shirts and jeans for myself, and even did some Christmas shopping over the last two years. Also, I like to check out the wall of caps they have. I have a collection of my own, but for a couple of bucks I can always get another if it appeals to me.)

I got there about 10:15. Every Mondays, they have a 25% off sale on everything in the place. I browsed casually through the men's racks and worked my way over to the cap wall.




I really didn't need one, but they are cheap and there is an additional 25% off. After about 15 minutes, I found one made of denim. It was adjustable and fit well, and it looked good, but it had the Polo logo on it and I didn't use the product. But there was something inside that got me to buy it. ($5.00 less 25% made it $3.75.) I paid and went back to my car.





I guess he is still out there following me (or leading me?).

I got the message. I'll wear the cap for the next few weeks.

Maybe he'll get mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment